Friday, May 21, 2010

Nursery Rhyme inspiration


I've been trying to finish an idea I had with using pages from a book on a gourd pin. I found this old nursery rhyme book that I acquired in a box of stuff at at auction. It has no cover and many pages are covered in crayon. But I was able to use several small pieces and put them on some gourd shards. I think I will make cards for them and place them under the title "Keep your childhood memories close to your heart", then inside the card I could have the whole rhyme included. I'm experimenting with a great stamp I bought and learning about embossing powders. Always fun to incorporate something to to keep the spark going.

1 comment:

  1. I bought a gourd pin at the ERC Showhouse...it was circular with a bee and a spiral trail. LOVE IT. Always enjoy your work. I volunteered in the Boutique twice in May and was around long enough to hear many positive comments about your work. I sold a number of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete